PLAY IN A DAY
Our new educational offer is exactly what the title says it is:
Your students make one play in one school day.
The group, with the director, creates the entire play, from the start with the idea, to a performance-ready end; in the way the group collectively chooses; either in a performance for an invited audience, or just a run through for their peers to enjoy.
What are we offering?
Through drama games and activities led by our professional native English-speaking director, your students create a play.
The style of the play is put together between the group and the director. As are any themes and the finalised script.
The director is highly experienced in accepting and moulding input from the group to fit in with the overall aim which is to involve everyone fairly and according to his or her ability.
Each pupil will get a speaking part as a character or narrator and all participants will be actively involved using inventive theatre techniques.
The Play in a Day is great for enhancing knowledge of a subject, teamwork and communication skills.
Lines are also given orally to pupils so it is suitable for all abilities.
What are the benefits?
- A fun and interesting way to teach the curriculum
- Provides stimulus for further study
- Enhances speaking and listening skills
- Improves concentration
- Enhances empathetic skills in a team environment
- Increases individual confidence
- Suitable for pupils whatever their academic ability
- Introduces theatre skills
- Max 35 students per play in a day (class size) 1 director.
- Full school day.
- Requires use of school hall or theatre or outdoor space.
- More than 35 students requires 2 directors and two spaces